Scroll to continue
The Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museums is a 501c(3) interfaith group that is committed to the restoration, preservation and increase in artistic patrimony of the collections and buildings of the Vatican Museums, while furthering the understanding and knowledge of its members of these works of art through lectures, meetings and visits to the Vatican.
Three Words Under Mission
Restore. Preserve. Learn.
How Patrons Help
- Spreading knowledge of the specific cultural and spiritual goals of the Vatican Museums as well as the various Vatican offices and basilicas in Rome and the collections they hold
- Supporting the multiple activities of the Vatican Museums and promoting restoration of other works of art for the Holy See under Museum Direction authority
- Promoting the acquisition of new works which complement the existing collections
- Supporting future expansions of the Museums
- Arthur C. Lohsen, President
- Bret Mitchell, Vice President
- Sue Lohsen, Secretary
- Gracia Mitchell, Treasurer
- Father Richard Mullins, Chaplain
Directors: CEM Martin, Judy Martin, Ron Marchessault, Jr., David Brown, Bob Jordan, Don Lincoln, Suzanne Lomax, Allen Thrasher, and Gary Young